The following Emergency number can be used to get help in Cape Town.
- Emergencies from a mobile: 112
- Emergencies from a landline: 107
- South African Police Service: 10111
- Medical & Fire Emergencies: 021 535 1100
- Table Mountain NP Emergencies: 021 480 7700
- Sea & Mountain Rescue: 021 948 9900
- National Sea Rescue Institute: 082 911
- Baboon Monitors: 071 588 6540
- Shark Spotters: 078 174 4244
- Ambulance: 10177
Namola is free to download and easily accessible via your smartphone. If you need help, all you need to do is open the app and tap. The app uses your phone’s GPS location to tell nearby responders who you are and where you are. Trained operators will confirm details and dispatch help from near-by police, sentinels or other emergency officials.
SAFETY WHEN BOOKING ONLINE
- As with any large city, there are instances of accommodation fraud – where visitors are duped into paying for accommodation online that is not available for rental.
- Use our accommodation member listings to contact an accommodation partner directly.
- Check with Cape Town Tourism if you are unsure if an online listing or website is legitimate